Archive Mode. Call Beebe Healthcare Art Competition ended on 9/9/21, 1:59 PM. Call settings are read only. See Current Open Calls
Beebe Healthcare Art Submissions
Beebe Healthcare is seeking art to enhance the new Specialty Surgical Hospital at the Rehoboth Health Campus, opening in 2022. This Art Solicitation Request outlines the process and background information for the selection of artwork for Beebe Healthcare’s new surgical hospital.
About the Specialty Surgical Hospital
Beebe Healthcare, with locations throughout Sussex County, Delaware is expanding its services to bring a state-of-the-art Specialty Surgical Hospital to their Rehoboth Health Campus. The Hospital is scheduled to open in 2022, and Beebe’s Art Advisory Committee is seeking approximately fifty (50) wall hung art pieces to be reproduced on aluminum. Art will be displayed in lobbies, hallways, waiting areas, and clinical areas.
Art shall be selected based on its suitability for a healing environment. This is often a highly stressful environment for patients and guests. Selected artwork shall positively affect viewers, even promoting a calming response from them. Viewing familiar surroundings can help reduce stress and build a sense of security and comfort. Artwork that has threatening imagery, can be perceived as dangerous, controversial, political or religious imagery will not be considered.
The Beebe Art Advisory Committee shall select artwork that will comprise a curated collection. The Committee shall use the following guidelines for selection (in no particular order or priority):
- Landscapes (regional, generic, or seasonal)
- Waterscapes (regional, generic, or seasonal), preferably with calm or non-turbulent water
- Floral (familiar flowers, garden/bouquet style)
- Flowers in vases (used sparingly for variety)
- Figurative art (observational rather than interpersonal, people in positive relaxed nature surroundings, diverse, leisurely, etc.)
- Nature themes with regional and/or historical imagery.
Guidelines for Submissions
Please note the following:
- Priority will be given to local artists and other artists with a strong connection to the local community.
- Selected art shall be wall hung and printed / infused on aluminum.
- Artists shall submit images of their artwork here by registering and logging in at the top right of this page. Please post the submissions to the “Beebe Healthcare Art Submission” file.
- Artists are allowed to submit up to five pieces.
- Selected pieces will need to be provided in a large format to fit the space. A minimum file size of 24,000 pixels shall be provided to allow appropriate scaling for printing.
- To insure compatibility within a healthcare environment, electronic images of the artwork will be procured. Selected pieces will then be forwarded to a pre-selected printer to produce. Beebe Healthcare will assume responsibility for the cost of printing and mounting the selected pieces.
- No physical submissions of art will be accepted during the evaluation process.
Please email any questions to email@example.com
All submittals are considered donations are required to be outright and unconditional such that art may be used at the discretion of Beebe Healthcare. Title to all acquisitions shall be free and clear, without restriction on use or future disposition. Please note selected artist may request and receive an acknowledgement letter describing their gift of art without a dollar value.
USE THE MENU BAR AT THE TOP OF THIS APPLICATION TO REGISTER AND LOGIN.
- Tuesday, September 7, 2021 - Submittals to be posted on artcall.org
- October 30, 2021 - Announce selected pieces
- November 2021 - Obtain high resolution images of selected pieces for printing
- November / December 2021 - Artwork print production and framing (by Beebe)
- January / February 2022 - Installation of selected artwork
- Spring / Summer 2022 - Opening event at facility